Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Flowers Abundant

We took a drive NW of Houston to look at the flowers and all the new calves. Last time we went on this drive it was dry and dead. Boy is it alive now.
Joe Lowery Photography


Cows and BlueBonnets..Must taste good
Texas State Flower the BlueBonnet

Looking for retirement areas is another reason for our drive. I know you are thinking wow why drive when gas is so high. This is our recreation. We love to look at different area finding new restaurants. We had lunch at a restaurant called http://oaksfamilyrestaurant.com/s

Warrenton, TX will be very busy the next few weeks. It's ANTIQUE WEEK. OMG there are at least 100 tents in just that town and I expect there will be more. I found the info online. http://www.antiqueweekend.com/indexmain.html

After retiring, I want to buy a large old antique china cabinet. Before our move to TX, we sold all our things and only stored what we wanted to keep. We kept our antiques, bedroom and dining room set. I will not buy any new furniture when we finally settle down. I want furniture with character. Actually, estate sales and auctions could be fun also.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment